Mindfulness-based stillness meditation
“If you truly want to change your life, you must first be willing to change your mind.”
This 8-week course, designed by the Gawler Foundation, gently leads you into the practice of mindfulness meditation. We go step by step through the process, providing some theory and an opportunity for guided practice.
During the course, we discuss:
- preparation for meditation: environment, relaxation, posture, attitude
- two primary modes of being: stress response, relaxation response
- two aspects of mind: thinking and awareness
- awareness: the contents of awareness and the qualities of awareness
- two aspects of emotions: cognitive and affective
- movement and stillness
- obstacles to mindfulness and how to deal with them
- mindfulness in daily life.
Over the 8 weeks, we’ll practice mindfulness of sounds, breath, body, emotions and thoughts. This will lead us to the complete practice of mindfulness-based stillness.
The course is facilitated by Dey Alexander. Dey has been meditating for 17 years. She trained as a meditation teacher through the Gawler Foundation and is registered to offer this course.
Times, dates, location
All classes are on Tuesdays from 7 to 9pm. Next course starts in 2019.
The course runs at Kyabram Town Hall. Free parking is available at the rear of the Town Hall in Bradley Street.
Cost, registration, refunds
$77.00 (incl. GST), plus 30c booking fee. Online bookings for the next course will open in late September.
We only offer refunds if you cancel at least 48 hours before the course starts.
You’ll receive a printed handout each week, plus access to online materials (meditation instructions, guided meditations and readings).
Re-attending the course
If you’ve attended the course before, you’re welcome to come along again – at no further cost. Just let me know you’ll be coming.